Wednesday 8 December 2010

Christmas Events - The End

I attended the Cullen Christmas Fair this evening - my last event for this year. It has been such a busy season, that I'm quite glad to be slowing down.

The young children put on a small show; dancing and singing, dressed as reindeer and ballerinas. Have to say, it brought tears to my eyes, thinking my daughter will be like that soon.

On the way home I popped in to Forsyth's Deli in Cullen. They had a late night shopping evening with wine and nibbles, although hot chocolate for me as I was driving. I slowly browsed the shop and ended up buying some Wookey Hole Cheese - it is cave aged cheddar and very tasty, sun-dried tomato crackers and some local chutneys, and had a feast when I got home.

It is very interesting the history behind Wookey Hole Cheddar - find out here.

Work is now slowing down with the end of Christmas events, but now have an order to make some dishes for a local distillery - more about that when it becomes publicised.

Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xxx

2 comments:

Starfish Studio said...

Be sure to take plenty of tissues when your daughter is taking part in any school plays - I really struggle every time! Tonight will be the last time one of my kids ever takes part in a primary school Christmas play :(

Unknown said...

You are right Kate, I will definitely have the tissues - I'm just getting too soppy (getting worse with age!!)