Friday 28 May 2010

Preview Night at Coast Art Festival



I attended the Preview Night at Coast Fine Art Exhibition tonight. It's been a very stressful day, trying to get everything organised and the standoffs fitted to take all my glass wall panels. I left the setting up at 5pm, drove home, had a very quick tea, printed price tags, showered and left at 7pm - LATE (as usual).
I arrived to a full house - visitors were everywhere and I still had all my glass panels to hang into the standoffs. Talk about feeling stressed!! However, it didn't take long and I soon calmed down after a nice glass of wine.

One of my favourite pieces (above)

We were even visited by the Press - a trio of very funny chaps from Deptford?? I didn't get around to asking what they were doing way up north. But they informed me that my digital camera was crap, and what I needed was a "Chad Camera" (courtesy of Chad Valley) - they were really funny guys - whoever they were!!

Anyway, it was a fab night, and to top it all, I sold two glass sculptures - woo hoo.

Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

No comments: