Thursday 25 March 2010

I Can Cook - Fish Triple Decker

My daughter loves I Can Cook on CBeebies - it's a great program for kids and encourages them to cook (and clean up) in the kitchen. My daughter is only 2, but she likes to get involved and often 'helps' (sometimes hinder!!) me when preparing lunch and dinner.

I decided to make one of the recipes from I Can Cook - Fish Triple Decker. I was so proud of my daughter, as she made all of her own dish. I didn't (and she wouldn't let me) help at all. She even has her own small oven dish:

She was also keen to help with the washing up (although I think its the splishing and splashing in the water she likes, and making foamy mess):

I have to admit that the dish was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed mine, as did my daughter and thought I would share the recipe with you:

Ingredients (per small person):
* haddock or similar white fish fillets
* 2 small mushrooms
* 4 olives, without stone (I left this out)
* 1 rounded tbspn sweetcorn
* tomato sauce
* 2 stalks curly parsley
* 1 slice of day old bread
* pinch of black pepper
* 25g grated cheese
* oil for greasing

Method:
* Grease an ovenproof dish and add fish fillet
* Squirt a liberal amount of tomato sauce on fish and spread all over
* Tear mushrooms, place over fish
* Add sweetcorn and olives
* Cut parsley and sprinkle over fish
* Grate bread
* Mix breadcrumbs with grated cheese and add pepper
* Tip mixture over the fish
* Cook in preheated oven 180 fan/200/gas mark 6 and cook for 20 minutes
or until cooked thoroughly.

This is a good recipe to encourage kids to eat fish and vegetables - and when they make it, they will want to eat it!
Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

No comments: