Monday 25 May 2009

COAST Art Festival - A Success

COAST is over and I can now relax, well until I start work again first thing tomorrow morning. Then it's busy, busy, busy - working for Royal Cornwall Show.

I had a great time, meeting the other artists and also had very good sales. The interesting thing is that the Lazy Bones Fish and Drifting By Fish were the most popular (again). I was also really pleased to sell one of my bigger pieces:

'Riding High'
This is some of my work and stand. The stand was a little strange, as I arrived later in the day to set up, it seems that other people were allocated my stand, but could not work with the space, so it was left for me. The space consisted of two small concertina-like areas and first thoughts were OMG, what an earth can I do with that. And certainly couldn't fit all of my stuff as I only needed one wall, but two large tables. But after re-arranging things here and there and taking my display shelving it looked pretty good and the space worked well.

Reef Bowl (above)

I also have to say a big thanks to our friends, Ray and Sue (currently visiting us from London) who have been busy looking after our daughter. She absolutely adores Ray and has been attached to his arm all weekend. Even I don't get a look in:


And here is Sue - reading a story (above)
My next event is now Royal Cornwall Show, so have a busy few days ahead to get everything made. I will be exhibiting from Thursday 4th June - Saturday 6th June inclusive. If you will be there, please pop by and say hello.
Kathryn, Lazy Daisy xx

No comments: