Tuesday 2 December 2008

Christmas Fair - Delgatie Castle


I attended the first weekend at Delgatie Castle and it was certainly like Christmas. I decided to stay on site just in case it was bad weather - Turriff can be pretty bad to get to if it snows. As accommodation was cheap, I asked if the OH and daughter could also stay. We had a great weekend, staying on an estate. Woke up to this scenery on Saturday - it was absolutely freezing (-7 degrees).

There was thick frost under foot and it simply didn't budge all weekend. I thought the attendance at the castle was low, but I know the people next to me did very well, so people were spending. I couldn't make the second weekend due to another booking on 6th December at Bishopmill Hall in Elgin. The stallholders next to me at Delgatie Castle offered to look after my stall if I could leave it there. What a great offer. So I decided to leave half of my stock at the castle and return on Sunday 7th and attend the Elgin venue on Saturday. What great people stallholders are - very helpful and friendly.
Kathryn, Lazy Daisy

No comments: