Monday 18 August 2008

Welcome to Lazy Daisy Glass' Blog

I've recently started making fused glass items, mainly jewellery and thought it would be a good idea to add a more personal touch by adding a blog. I will let you know when I add new products and any relevant news.

Before fusing glass I worked with stained glass, but soon found that my pieces, although very much admired, were not selling at fairs. I used to make stained glass window hangers and mirrors. So I thought, what is the point of spending hours making such items if they don't sell.

I have always wanted my own kiln for the purpose of using warm glass, so decided I should give it a go. I work with genuine dichroic glass and bullseye glass.

I gave up my full time office job last year as I had my first child. This worked out perfectly as now I can look after my daughter at home, while working on my glass fusing business. A perfect combination - I love being a mum and enjoy spending each day with my daughter yet have the flexibility of working on my small business.

You will find my jewellery is made with passion and pride and guarantee you will like my creations. Check back soon.

Kathryn

No comments: